Contributors, please review the following information prior to submitting a paper:
- Please submit your paper online at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure that all identifying information is deleted from the properties of the file. Your name should not appear in the title, body, or endnotes of the manuscript; cite works by yourself in the third person; do not include personal notes (acknowledgments, thanks, references to oral presentation, etc.). However, you should include your personal information in the email itself.
- Files should be submitted as either a Microsoft Word document or RTF file. The document should be double-spaced, font size 12, in Times New Roman or similar serif font. All citations should be listed as end notes, without a separate bibliography.
- For questions of style, punctuation, spelling, and citation, please consult the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th ed. (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2017). For questions regarding foreign language transliteration, primary text citation, etc., please consult The SBL Handbook of Style for Ancient Near Eastern, Biblical, and Early Christian Studies, 2nd ed. (Peabody: Hendrickson Publishers, 2014).
- Translations of ancient (or modern) texts should not be more or less gender-inclusive than the original language.
- Submissions should normally be between 3,000 and 7,000 words, including endnotes.
- Papers should not have been published previously in the same form . However, revised or updated versions of previously-published papers are welcome.
- All submissions are first reviewed by the managing editors to ensure they meet the basic criteria for publication, and reflect the mission statement of the journal.
- Conditionally-approved papers are submitted to the advisory committee for blind peer review.
- Based on the advisory committee’s recommendation, papers will either be approved for publication, rejected, or returned to the author for revision and resubmission.
- Authors will be notified of the decision within 60 days of submission.